Saturday, September 12, 2009

What a day!

Only in California could it be 102 degrees one day and raining and windy the next! Today we woke up at 7 to thunder and lightening and rain, rain, rain! It was so nice to hear the pitter patter of rain drops on the roof! Luckily, the rain stopped before we headed out the door.

Our Saturday was spent at a local classic car show. Our school custodian, Mr. Luis, has an amazing orange 1955 car (he would kill me if I said the name wrong, so I'll leave it at "car")! His lovely wife and their adorable dog was there too :) It was a treat to spend time with them! Soon after we arrived, Moose and his son and girlfriend showed up. We spent time with GREAT people with an awesome lunch at Dave's Famous Cheeseburgers. My friend Chris and her family came too! We had the best Saturday and could not ask for a better one!

After the car show, we spent an hour or so in the bookstore. I had to find a way to squeeze something educational in the middle of all our fun plus I had a coupon. We ended up with a book for Emmie about making Pumpkin Soup (it's a children's book, not a recipe book!). Then off for a quick stop at Michaels for card stock. I have this awesome activity planned this week for her! We are going to make a spelling word puppet! My husband doesn't enjoy the craft store as much as I do, big surprise, so he took the kids for ice cream..which gave me a few extra minutes to browse the store! Yay!

Emmie made a comment today to me that having the pictures on her spelling words helped her to remember them! Score one for Boardmaker! She is still so excited about her spelling test yesterday and is already talking about the next test. I am so thankful she's excited and not dreading it..it certainly makes for easier homework sessions!

Well, I'm exhausted from an awesome day! Take care friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment