Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sometimes, it's quiet.

Today was Tuesday, but it was more like a Monday. You know, I don't think it matters what day you actually start on..it still seems like Monday! I was awaken at 5:30 by my daughter's alarm clock. She decided she wanted to get up that early because she wanted to shower before school instead of at night. Whatever, I don't care when you shower as long as you shower..but 5:30! Geez! So needless to say, it's been a very long day.

Emmie seemed a little "off" today. Breakfast was quiet and when she was getting ready for school she wasn't her usually bouncy self. I kind of chalked it up to her being tired. Even in line for school this morning, she wasn't playing with her friends like she usually is. She just stood nicely in line. I saw her again at lunch. Today was the first day I have ever seen her sit by herself. She assured me everything was okay and she ate her lunch just fine. She did aggravate Mr. Luis (our awesome school custodian) a time or two..but other than that, she seemed just blah. Her speech teacher said she had a good session, although they played a board game. And after school, her teacher said she had a great day! She was focused and adding the extra visuals have really helped her. She came out of class with two stickers, a prize from the lottery, AND a Splat award (no clue what that is, hoping to clarify tomorrow!). So, obviously she had a good day?

After school was spent with homework, as usual. She wrote her spelling words in triangle form, although I will admit that I drew the triangles for her. I photocopied a page from her math workbook for her to complete just for general practice, Math flashcards and a 3 minute timed addition "practice" test, a neat little art project with tinted glue and watercolor pencils, AND reading! She had a full day of homework. She didn't complain, and even took a trip to the store with me for pretzels for her class project and more flashcards. They will be adding multiplication soon...Lord help me!

This guy called me today from Pediatrics, I have no clue who he is. But he informed me that our last claim was denied (DUH!). Really? And I can file an appeal but I need to include a copy of the report from The Listening Center and IEP, and he has a copy if I need it. Seriously? And, he adds, speech seems to be a "shaddy" area for Tri-Care so hopefully if we keep trying it will eventually get pushed through. Where do these people get this from? Is there an dumba$$ 101 manual that I'm not aware of? I have to be missing something....

Anyway, I digress...obviously Emmie just needed a day to herself. A day to be quiet and still and soak up whatever was around her. Tomorrow, I'm sure she'll be her usual bouncy self!

No comments:

Post a Comment