Tuesday, August 25, 2009

On a nerve

In a few days, my husband will be home. As I have mentioned, he is in Germany because the Air Force screwed up and sent him instead of listening to our daughter's needs. Can you tell I'm still alittle bitter about the situation? I know, I'm working through it and exploring options for my rehabilitation. I can not tell you how glad I am that he is coming home. It will be so nice to have extra hands and eyes when it comes to schoolwork! After a long day at work, it's exhausting to sit at the kitchen table after school while the kids work on their homework. Not to mention I still have to juggle all the everyday "mom" chores. I can not wait to say, "Hey Doug, wanna fold that laundry for me"! Because I know he will be happy to lend a hand, always, and I love him for it!

School today was okay. Emmie's teacher informed me that she was chatty today, which doesn't surprise me, especially if they are doing a lot of auditory activities. I think the teacher handled it beautifully by also writing the work on the board. However, she did mention that she didn't write exactly the step by step directions and with Emmie, she needs step by step by step! But, on a positive note, she did say that she noticed once Emmie "understands" what is expected she completes the activity correctly. Obviously, we still have struggles but she tries her best. It was encouraging for me to hear that the teacher is trying to learn more about Emmie and about CAPD. It's so hard to explain to people what CAPD is, because when you look or talk to Emmie, she's a regular everyday kid! But, I think we are making progress and the teacher is realizing Emmie's needs during the class day and is willing to help her succeed.

On another "classroom note", I have a complaint and trying to work out how to approach it. Remember the mom I spoke of that is in Emmie's class, she is seriously on my nerves. Her child is a fourth grader and she still finds it necessary to be in Emmie's classroom. Today it was to put up a bulletin board. First, my child has enough distractions she doesn't need more. And if you knew this mom, you would know she is a distraction. Two, I have had horrible experiences with her comparing her kids to mine. I hate that. Hate is a strong word, and I hate when people compare kids. Our daughters were together a few years ago and all year it was one thing after another, from her trying to compare test grades, reading levels, etc. Her daughter struggled, while mine excelled. I just have this eerie feeling that she is trying to see how Emmie is doing. And finally, she loves to gossip. I don't want her around my kids and there is no reason for her to be in the classroom, especially when their are parents of children in there that would have put up that bulletin board. I haven't found the way to approach this yet, but I need to soon. I just want to say MOVE ON and worry about your own kids class! UGH. I am running out of nerves!

Tomorrow is another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment