Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's a hard knock life

Yes, I know I am a slacker. Yes, I know it's been a few days since my last post. Yes, I know you have been waiting. Thank you for reminding me. To find a moment to sit down and type is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. There is no extra time! College is HARD work folks! Whew!

Doug is back at work and shift work sucks (or as Carrington says, "inhales"). They decided to put him in the Inpatient Squadron because he is "new". Umm, he has spent more time here than most people and more time in an Inpatient Unit than most during their active duty years. But whatever. We'll deal with it.

Carrington is one of two "Student of the Month" in 6th grade and has been working on her speech to read at the Board meeting. She also had an audition today for Honor Band and she made it! She was very nervous but when it comes to playing the clarinet, she's awesome! Jensen isn't feeling well tonight. His teacher had them doing exercises on the playground and I think he pulled a small muscle in his chest. He has been complaining about it since right after school. At first, we thought it was his asthma because they had run a mile. But, even after his inhaler it's still there. We tried some motrin for the pain but he just can't get comfortable. We'll see how he feels in the morning then go from there. Poor guy!

Emmie...excuse me, Emmalyn, is doing fine. She has proclaimed that she has outgrown Emmie. We'll see how long that is going to last! Classroom work is going, as far as I know, well. I have received compliments on her behavior and her ability to assist another student with his behavior. Apparently this other student listens to Emmie *cough* Emmalyn and follows her lead. I am proud of her ability to help others without seeking praise or reward. She does it just because he is her friend and she wants to help. Homework has been blah, as usual. We really haven't doing anything exciting to supplement her work this week because she has a few paragraphs to practice. She, along with Carrington, will be presenting at the School Board meeting next week and she has to read a few paragraphs. We have been struggling with it so that has been our homework. I am having issues-but not going to discuss them yet.

Anyway, all in all it's pretty boring here right now! Boring can be good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment