Friday, March 26, 2010

Frustrated.

I'm frustrated to say the least. A friend referred me to the Pediatric Case Manager at our hospital. I had heard that he works hard to help our children get what they need from the insurance company, community, and school. I called him today. Although he seems to be a nice gentleman and really seems to want to help, he was honest. He said not to get my hopes up on getting Speech Therapy covered for Emmie because CAPD is a hard one to get our insurance company to recognize. I appreciate his honesty, but I'm so frustrated. I don't ask a lot from our medical facility and insurance. I'm not a problem child! My children (knock on wood) are rarely sick and require treatment, usually we only need a once a year check up. We don't use off base providers or require the insurance company to pay for anything off base. My daughter has a known disability and I don't understand why it's so hard to get her speech therapy! I'm not asking the insurance company to fully foot the bill, but geez people.

So, now I am suppose to submit all the paperwork I have on Emmie to this Case Manager and see what happens. I can't help but feel like it's a waste of time. I don't think I'm being unrealistic, asking for assistance in paying for speech therapy. I know the school is doing the best they can, but let's face it, with budget cuts and higher class sizes...she's wasting her time by being pulled out of class. We should all be in it for the children, and yet, California's government could really care less. It's about money.

I am just so damn frustrated with the Air Force, the insurance company, Doug's command, and the school system. I don't want an easy fix, I just want ONE person on our side!

In 15 plus years, our children will be the ones running this country. We should be scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment